Sunday, February 14, 2010

Visiting Mickey

It has been a VERY busy couple of months. In early December, my college friend and her hubby visited. Then my son and his family were here over Christmas. Also our friends,Rick and Marta and their two kids (our godkids) visited for a couple of days. On January 12th we headed to San Diego to visit our daughter and her family. Home on the 22nd and then on the 27th, our friend, Bob, from Michigan came for 17 days .While he was here, when I wasn't working at CROW, we were on the GO!

Our first trip was to Walt Disney World. Bob had never been there. As Florida Resident Passholders, we can go anytime we want and also get room rates for really good deals. $49 a night at the Pop Century.

We arrived on Sunday the 31st and it was COLD and WINDY. We got there later in the day so went to Downtown Disney for dinner.Someday I want to go up in this balloon but it was grounded this day because of the wind. The Lego Dragon that ate Fultons Crab House.
On Monday, we headed to the Magic Kingdom. Again chilly and wet. And crowded.
I much prefer this view of the castle.
Disney made a LOT of money from rain ponchos that day.
Even the parade had to make changes. They did their "Singing in the Rain" parade.
Despite the weather, we hung in there long enough to watch the fireworks. It was raining and overcast so I didn't get any pictures but did catch the castle all lit up.On Tuesday we headed to Epcot. Again--heavy rain. UGH. Luckily the rain ended about noon and the rest of the day was pretty good. I love the Illuminations display at Epcot even if you have to find your "spot" 1 1/2 hours before they start.
On Wednesday morning, we checked out of the hotel, left our car in the parking lot and took the bus to Animal Kingdom. I don't think I have ever seen so many people in one place in my life! And I HATE crowds.
Of course crowds mean "stroller hell"! We headed over to see the Lion King show first. No matter how many times I have seen this show, I still love it!
Then it was off to take the Safari Ride. I've never been one to use the Fast Pass so we got in line. OMG, it took us almost an hour and a half--much longer than the sign said. There were way more Fast Pass people that those of us in line and of course they got to go first. But I must admit, we saw more animals that I've seen in the past.We headed over to Asia.
We hoped to get something to eat. Lines were horrible even at the snack places. Since we were tired, leg and foot sore, and had a 3 1/2 hour drive ahead of us, we decided to head back to the hotel for lunch and then head home.

Despite the cold, the rain, and the crowds, we had a great time. The Pop Century rooms are kind of small but still were fine--especially for the price! And who spends that much time in their room anyway??

Stay tuned for my post on our trip to Key West.