Friday, January 01, 2010

Catching Up

Forgive me for not posting for awhile. What with Christmas and family and friends visiting, I didn't have a lot of spare time. So, I thought I would catch you up a bit.

First of all, there's nothing like Christmas on Sanibel. Every business decorates. Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of pictures but here are a few from Jerry's Shopping Center.
The tree at Edison Mall was gorgeous also.

Dave, Ann, Sam and Erin came the evening of the 23rd. On Christmas Eve, we went to Doc Ford's for dinner. Since lots of people had made reservations, we had to eat outdoors but with heaters and bug spray--we didn't mind at all.

Forgive the blurry picture but it's the only one I have of the family on Christmas Eve.
My fish sandwich. Yummy.
Doc Ford's Nachos
Doc's Beach Bread--to die for!
Taquitoes.
Since the grandparents slept in, we didn't open presents until about 9:30.

Sam, Ann, Erin and Dave
Since we had Thanksgiving dinner at Steve and Diana's (our friends), Christmas dinner was at our house. We also invited our next door neighbor who was alone. We had 9 people on our deck. Luckily the weather was great for eating outside. Don't know where we would have all fit inside! I didn't get any pictures of our meal but got a picture of Diana and me. Since Erin made the 7th grade basketball team at her school, she and I went shopping to find some new basketball shoes for her. Part of my Christmas present to her. Unfortunately we didn't find any shoes but we did see these Afro Ducks. Ann and Erin flew back to Ohio on the 29th since Ann had to be at work on the 30th and Erin wanted to go to a New Year's Eve party. On the 30th, our friends Rick and Marta and our godkids Eric and Kelly joined us. That afternoon we watched our beloved BG Falcons in their bowl game against the Idaho Vandals. It was a great game but unfortunately we lost by 1 lousy point! Everyone left yesterday so now I am kind of going through withdrawal. But we will be going out to San Diego on the 12th to see our daughter, son in law and grandsons. Can't wait. We will come home on the 22nd and on the 24th our friend, Bob, comes for 2 weeks. Busy, busy, busy--but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy New Years everyone.

4 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

It all looks good!! Family, food, festivities.... Happy New Year to you!!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

looks like you have been really busy having fun. and now i'm really hungry.

Gayle said...

All that food looks great...now I have to go eat! So many house guests. I wonder if I'll ever be like that? I'm not much into having lots of guests. I like my space. Looks like you had a good time.

RottenMom said...

What I wouldn't do to be eating some Doc Fords Beach Bread right now! Just in case you are missing the wonderful Ohio weather,(yeah right!)take a look at the snow pics I posted on my blog! Hapyy New Year!