Monday, April 28, 2008

A New Blog

I have been a Genealogy Nut for over 40 years now. I was interested in my roots way back in high school (and that was many, many, many years ago!). My dad's cousin, Eliza Brooks, got me interested and even gave me a few things belonging to my great grandparents. But it wasn't until 1967 when my dad died that I really got interested. He was the youngest of 8 boys and 2 girls. When he died 4 brothers were still living and all came to his funeral. It was so neat to listen to them talk about family and all the good times they had growing up. My uncle Earl's wife, Geneva, got me interested in tracing my "roots". She took me to the library and set me on my way. And the rest, as they say, is history. Because of this I have started a new blog about my family history. I probably won't be posting everyday but will try to post from time to time. If anyone is interested in how this being called Snowbird came to be, you might want to check out my other blog titled Branches and Roots.

2 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

Hi Snowbird,

Thanks so much for the fan mail on my blog! I was just starting to enjoy this blog when I was tantalized by your other blog! I used to be a teacher,too. I taught for 3 years in CA and 4 years in VA until I started having babies. Much aloha!

MariBy said...

Oooh...how interesting...I'll be checking your other blog out.

My Dad had 1 brother and 1 sister. My Dad had 9 kids, his brother had 7 and his sister had 7. So 3 siblings had 23 children. (Gee, that looked scary even as I typed that out...lol)