Friday, April 25, 2008

Sssssssssssss

I LOVE my deck but sometimes I look over the rail and see things that don't turn me on a lot! Yesterday as I sat out there reading my latest Randy Wayne White while sipping on an adult beverage, something caught my eye out in the water. So I got up and looked over the railing. I saw what I assume was a Black Racer swimming around. Ok, so even though I am willing to get in a dumpster with a raccoon and will pick up a juvenile Northern Gannet while he is biting the heck out of my arm (that happened Wednesday and I still have the wounds to prove it!), snakes tend to creep me out. So while I'm watching the one snake, I see another one swimming around and then another!!! They were "snaking" their way from one side of the creek to the other, back and forth, up and down, sometimes crossing each other. One of them even came up on shore in front of the deck. I have to admit that I made a LOT of noise hoping he would return to the water. Thankfully he did. They "played" around out there for about an hour and then disappeared. I can only hope they didn't disappear to under the deck.

One neat thing, though, was we walked out on our deck yesterday evening with our friends who were here and there was a little raccoon getting a drink. He didn't seem to be scared but did wander up the embankment and back into the woods.

1 comments:

Tink *~*~* said...

That would have freaked me out!

=8^O