Friday, January 09, 2009

Alive and Well and Visiting in San Diego

Thanks to our good friends, Steve and Diana, we made it to the airport at 5:00 am yesterday. We checked in, paid $15 a piece for our checked bags, then headed through security and then to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast. Our flight was very uneventful. Well, pretty uneventful. We flew to Dallas/Fort Worth which has 4 terminals. They are so big you have to take a train to get from one to the other. We came in at Terminal C and had to go to Terminal A for the next leg of our trip. We got to our gate, settled in for our hour wait and I headed to Starbucks. Just as I returned with my White Chocolate Mocha in hand, they announced that the gate had been changed back to a gate in Terminal A. So, back on the train back to where we came from. But, that was the only hiccup in the trip--well until we arrived in SD. We arrived 5 minutes early and our luggage was practically first off the line. Then I called Karen who was waiting in the cell phone lot. But, all I got was her voice mail! So, I left a message. I called again 5 minutes later. Again with the voice mail. Yet another message. Since you can't use a phone while you are driving in California, I assumed she was on the road. So we waited outside and waited and waited. About 15 minutes later she drove up. Apparently, her battery was going dead and her cell phone had died on her. So, we piled into the car, said hi to all the grandkids and then headed to In N Out Burger for lunch. Yum!! The adults got In N Out to go while the kids ended up with Burger King. Then we headed home chomping on burgers and fries all the way.

Today, Karen and hubby had an appointment to look at a house in LaMesa so of course we went along. I fell in love with the house. The view was amazing and it had lots of room. But, I'm not the one buying the house. They did like it but want to look at some others also. We did a couple of drive bys of other houses then headed back home for naps. Well, I took a nap. I'm still jet lagged. This evening our wonderful son in law took care of the twins while Karen, Noah, Mr. Snowbird and I went to a mom and pop restaurant where we had the most wonderful surf and turf! And it was cheap!! We also discussed some places we wanted to go while we are here. This is our 3rd visit here so we have pretty much seen most of the tourist places but we do want to re-visit a few places.

Anyway, we are having a great time with the grandkids and with our daughter and son in law. I probably won't have a lot of pictures to post until I get back home.

6 comments:

Neptunesmuse said...

Glad you both(and your luggage) made it there safely & without any major stress.Enjoy your visit.

The Farmer Files said...

When we were in SD we tried to convince my son that In N Out was better than McD's. It will take some convincing! When we bought in n out he insisted on McD's! I get my double double animal style and protein style. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi there jet setters! Keep having a great time!

Anonymous said...

We missed you yesterday, but know you are having a wonderful time. Don't spoil the kiddies tooo much.

Mare said...

Have a wonderful trip, and I'll be patiently waiting for those photos. ;)

Unknown said...

Really missed meeting up with you yesterday,but I can't blame you for being with the grandkids.I's so the same thing!Can't wait for photos,and contrary to what Tootie says,spoil those grandkids!That's what grandparents do.