Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pictures Part 1



OK, so I promised some pictures of our trip. I thought I would lead off with a picture of Karen, Michael and the kids. The picture above was taken at Old Towne on our last day in San Diego. Trying to get a decent family shot with 3 active children is next to impossible but this one isn't bad.

On our first full day in San Diego, we went to view a house with the family. They are looking to buy a house and this was one that they looked at. It was a beautiful house in a beautiful area but a bit out of their price range.

Karen and I had a "girl's day out" on Saturday. We decided to go to LaJolla to do some window shopping, gallery looking and girl talk. After looking in several windows, we decided to go down and look at the ocean. We didn't realize that it was quite so beautiful until we got there.

We heard this crazy noise and when we looked over the cliff we saw lots of Sea Lions barking at each other.


There were hundreds of Pelicans and Cormorants on the cliffs. The Pelies were off to the left and the Cormies off to the right. I guess they don't share their abodes!

I loved this shot of a Pelican, a Cormorant, and a Gull sharing a space for a few minutes anyway.


The sun was setting and the silhouettes of the Cormorants in the trees was beautiful.

After watching the Sea Lions, the birds, and the sunset for awhile, we headed to a restaurant called Burgundy for a glass of adult beverage and some appetisers and of course, more girl talk. We enjoyed our day out sans hubbies and kids.

More pictures to follow.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely family photo....and a gorgeous one of the sea lions following it! I'm just a little peeved at your sunny weather though...wouldn't you like to swap for our snow?

Bella :)

Gayle said...

What great photos of all the wildlife you got to see!! Nice capture of the family. That house does look awfully nice! Glad you made it home safely.

Anonymous said...

That's a great family photo -- and what a wonderful girlie day! Everything about it sounds perfect to me.

Alice In Wonderland Rocks said...

Yes,photo's..I loved them,and oh my so many Sea Lions..did you have a long zoom on the camera lens? It looks like you were so close to them. I cant wait for more photo's :)

Unknown said...

Yoir pictures are gorgeous!!!

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Oh these are fun to see, since I totally forgot to download your pictures before you left! Thanks!

The Farmer Files said...

Your pictures are gorgeous. I will have to catch you on the next trip to San Diego. We got in on the 18th and had a crazy day I will post about sometime.

My dad used to take me to see the sea lions in La Jolla when I was a little girl. Now I can't believe I get to do the same with my kids.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

LaJolla is a wonderful area. The sea lions and all the different birds are a lot of fun to watch. Nice pic of your family. Yes, the housing in SD is out of this world! Our kids + 2 g-kids are looking as well. They are in the Rancho Bernardo area now.

Tink *~*~* said...

Glad you had a good visit with La Famiglia de Shama-Lama. Sorry you have the plague! Hope you mend soon. I think maybe we need a medicinal crawl this coming weekend!

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Snowbird said...

Tink, I think we not only need a medicinal crawl but one to warm us up a bit. Toooo darn cold here!

MariBy said...

Awesome pics Snowbird - just awesome! :D