Monday, January 19, 2009

Back Home



Well,we made it back home last night. Michael got up and took us to the airport at 4:00am. Usually we have to stand in the security line forever at the SD airport but yesterday, we were the lst ones in line. Cool!! We had breakfast and then loaded at 5:45. I slept most of the way from SD to Dallas/Fort Worth. My cold really had me knocked out. When we landed at Dallas, we were almost on the ground when suddenly we pulled up again. The pilot stated that another plane on the ground was too slow clearing the runway so we had to pull up. Boy, after the plane crash in the Hudson and watching the near miss runway collision on "24" last week, I was hoping we weren't going to be another incident. But, we did a "go around" which the pilot explained happens once in awhile. After that all was well. We had about a 3 hour layover then an uneventful flight home to Ft. Myers. Our friend, Steve, picked us up and took us to his house to get our car. After a stop at Publix for some groceries and some Chinese takeout, we finally headed home.
I was fully intending to post some pictures today but my cold took it's toll and I went back to bed for a couple of hours this afternoon. I think it was a good thing, though, because I am feeling a lot better now. Then I had to download 1200 pictures. So, I promise, I will post some pictures soon.

4 comments:

Alice In Wonderland Rocks said...

Glad you both are back safe & sound,sorry to hear about your cold,I hope you are feeling back to normal as soon as possible too :) Cant wait to see ALL the pics :):)

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Welcome home. Hope you are feeling better....

Unknown said...

Welcome home!Sorry we missed you and MrBird last Crawl.Next one....

Shama-Lama Mama said...

1200!!?? Lordy, you are worse than me! Glad you made it home safely.