Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pictures Part 2-Cabrillo National Monument Tidal Pools

On this trip to San Diego, we did a lot of stuff we've never done before. One of the trips we made was to the Cabrillo National Monument. Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo was the first European to find San Diego Bay in 1542. The monument is located on Point Loma which has a fantastic view of the bay and of San Diego. Also located there is an area where there are tidal pools and another area where you can view the old Point Loma Lighthouse.

Of course the first thing we had to do was head to the beach so the kids could throw rocks in the water.





They probably would have stayed there all day if we had let them.


Karen had fun building a cairn with the help (or lack thereof) of the twins.

Noah had a ball climbing on the rocks and looking for critters in the tidal pools.

Michael found something of interest and showed the whole family.

Some of the critters we found were snails, urchins, and shells containing hermit crabs.

Mr. Snowbird enjoyed sitting on the rocks observing the rest of us explore.



The view of the cliffs, the ocean, and the tidal pools was beautiful. In my next post, I'll post pictures from the rest of Cabrillo National Monument.

8 comments:

Gayle said...

I'm with the boys...I would have stayed there all day, too! Beautiful photos!

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Oh, those are great! I love the one of Luka throwing a rock and Noah wincing for fear of getting brained! Half my pics are in the computer that got shipped off for diagnosis. Keep your fingers crossed.

Alice In Wonderland Rocks said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful family photo's,I think Im with Mr Snowbird & just relaxing. The children look so happy,what a great family to do special outings for great memories :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful spot -- I think I'd keep well behind the twins, though, until they develop a little better aim!

Anonymous said...

Lovely family photos enjoying nature..the best of both worlds..!!!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Looks like such a fun trip. Everyone enjoying themselves. I've never been to Cabrillo....I'll have to put it on our agenda next trip to SD!!

Tootie said...

I'm lovin' the photos!

The Farmer Files said...

So sweet to see your family together. I loved these places growing up...