Monday, January 05, 2009

Ruby Tuesday-Signs of the Times



I knew that the suggested picture for this week was a red sign. I wondered what I would post until the other day when I was driving in the back gate of our Trailer Park and saw these signs. Since Sanibel only has two major streets (Periwinkle Way and The Back Way) traffic during tourist season is horrible. So lots of people take The Back Way and then try to cut through our Park to get to Periwinkle Way which is only a block from the Causeway Road. Thus, the red sign. As to the others. I'm not sure how many slow children we have here but I'll take their word for it. And yes, we do HAVE to drive 7 1/2 mph. If we don't, there is a bird who yells "Slow Down!" He learned it from the owner who is constantly yelling the same thing.

OK, I know you are all busy checking out everyone's Ruby Tuesday but take the time to bookmark me and drop back to check out my blog. I am a retired Special Ed teacher who now spends most of her time on Sanibel Island, Florida which is a Sanctuary Island for wildlife. I volunteer for a wildlife hospital. I am also the proud grandma of 5 wonderful grandkids and brag about them often!! I also have a blog called Branches and Roots where I talk about genealogy and my ancestors. OK, enough about me. So if you really want to see red go to Work of the Poet

8 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Let me in let me in...

Anonymous said...

Not 7 mph but 7 1/2...that is different...

Raven said...

Periwinkle and Back Ways. Sounds like a wonderful town. Even though there aren't many slow children, I guess you need to watch out for the ones there are. Happy New Year.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

That's so funny about the bird that tells you all to slow down! :) Made me laugh to read that.

Melli said...

Ohhhh TOOOOO funny! I'm not sure my car REGISTERS 7.5 mph!!! Good grief!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

OMG! LOL! How in the heck are you to only travel 7 1/2??

Great capture for RT!

Dianne said...

definitely a sign of crowded times!

my little street has become a short cut that connects a major state route with a busy county road

in just the few years I've lived here the traffic has become a disaster and when the Jersey Shore attractions open! OY! ;)

maryt/theteach said...

I'm laughing at 7 1/2 m.p.h. Great RED sign, Songbird! Thanks for joing Ruby Tuesday! :)