Saturday, March 14, 2009

Camera Critters-Smile Pretty


Awhile back, I found this great meme called Camera Critters. I love the pictures and decided that with my wealth of critter pictures down here in SW Florida, I would join in and I have for several weeks now. I would like to have you hop on over to Camera Critters. There you can either sign up for your own post for Camera Critters or see lots and lots of other great critter pics. So, now that you've done that--here is my critter for the day.

When you live in Florida, chances are whenever you see a pond or a lake, you will see an alligator. And yes, they do have a mouth full of teeth. And when they show those teeth, they almost--ALMOST--look like they are smiling. Here are a bunch of pictures I have taken of smiling alligators in the Everglades, here on Sanibel, and up in St. Augustine.

13 comments:

floreta said...

i love the shots with their mouths wide open!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Love your gator shots!! Yes, they have teeth!!

Bryan said...

I love how in the third photo the onlooker looks amused.

Anonymous said...

I think some of them look like they're laughing at you. That's scary!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Scary but excellent.

Unknown said...

Too close for comfort for me!And they do look like they're laughing at you!

Gayle said...

Geez, I wouldn't want to run into that guy while out skinny dipping. Scary (but cute)!

Dianne said...

all I could think was say ahhhh ;)

i beati said...

looks like our park

Anonymous said...

Ho Ho...that is some kind of critter. Great shots...

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I love the photo with the two together. very nice.

Shama-Lama Mama said...

You should post that one of the alligator chowing down on the raccoon! Remember that one!?

Manz said...

All great images. They do look like they are smiling :)

The fourth is a little too close for my liking - hope you were using a zoom lens!