Friday, March 27, 2009

Sharing the Space

Last fall I bought a bird feeder and put it out by our deck. It took several months before any birds started to come around but every once in awhile I would spot a bird out there. Tonight we were eating out on the deck and were soon being scolded by a pair of Grackles, a pair of doves, and a gorgeous little Painted Bunting. They were very upset because we were sitting too near to the feeder and it obviously was feeding time! The doves weren't into getting their pictures taken but I did get the others. A year or so ago, I released a young Grackle from our deck. He had grown up at the animal hospital. I keep wondering if one of these guys was the one I released.

7 comments:

ChrisCandJonJ said...

Great bird pictures!We are addicted to watching our bird feeders.We have 3 of 'em.It's fun to watch the "pecking" order of the birds.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

they are fascinating to study.

J said...

I've never seen the bright ones. Just beautiful!

Gayle said...

I love to sit and watch birds. I can see that between the beach and bird watching I would never get anything else done if I lived in Paradise! You'll have to share more of your visitors with us.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Beautiful painted bunting! We don't have those here. We do have the grackles... and they always seem to be making a ruckus!

Tink *~*~* said...

SO, so lucky to have the painted bunting drop by! I've only ever seen pictures. Good for you!

:)

[b]NOW PLAYING at My Mobile Adventures *~*~*[/b] :
[b][url=http://mymobileadventures.com/2009/03/yet-more-disney-characters-who-wear-red]Yet More Disney Characters Who Wear [color=red]RED[/color][/url][/b]

The Farmer Files said...

Hmmm good to know that birds may take some time to come by and not to be discouraged early on if they don't.