Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Karen


43 years ago today, Gemini 8 docked in space. The commander was Neil Armstrong and it was the first time a manned spacecraft had docked in space. So, how do I remember this you might ask. I remember it because my two year old son, David, sat on my lap the entire day watching it unfold on TV. He sat there, that is, until we had to drop him off at a friend's house then proceed on to the hospital to deliver his baby sister, Karen Renee. I don't remember the dates of any of the other space launches but I sure remember this one.

Where does one start when describing my daughter? First of all, she is my baby and always will be. She is unique, one of a kind. She is loving, caring, artistic, organized, adventurous, nurturing, inquisitive, talented, smart, funny, kind, a great friend, a forgiving sister (LOL), a loving wife, a fantastic mother, and the best daughter a mother could possibly ask for.

Sometimes she leaned on her brother and sometimes he leaned on her.

Here she is with her brother and her Grandma Olive who lived in Illinois. We spent many Christmases and Easters visiting Grandma Olive.

Before she was a mom, she was an aunt.

Then, along came Michael, the love of her life. She waited for just the right guy and got him.

Then she became a mom. First to Noah.

Then to Ethan.

And an hour after Ethan, to Luka.

Her version of My Three Sons.

And so, my beautiful daughter, I wish you the happiest of birthdays. You have made me so proud and like I have said many times, I want to be just like you when I grow up!!!

Love you more than I can say, Mom.

6 comments:

Gayle said...

Happy Birthday, Karen! You make such beautiful tributes to your children. It must be after the teenage years that we are able to say such nice things about our kids! lol

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tribute to your daughter!Yes,they're always our babies(even tho mine just don't get that fact).
Happy Birthday,Karen!

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Oh, Mom! You made me cry!! Thanks for making me the woman I am today.

My birthday was more about you than me. Now that I have had babies, I know that... the babies don't remember a thing. It's the Mama's big day. So, happy my-birthday to you.

The Farmer Files said...

Woo-wee what a beautiful wedding picture! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Aww, that was sweet! Made me tear up too......

Happy Birthday Karen!!!! You were a BEAUTIFUL bride!!! And your Mamma is right about that HUNK you married!!! :-)

Tink *~*~* said...

A belated, but very happy birthday wish going out to SLM! :)

Tink *~*~*